Monday, March 5, 2012

Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies


Hypothetically speaking, what if I told you this recipe came from Pinterest?  Would you be surprised, or are you just used to it by now?  Either way, I'm finding lots of great things to make on Pinterest, so we're satisfied!  These turned out just a little differently than I expected, but the gooey-fudgyness was just the fix we needed :)

1 milk chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 c canola oil

Combine 3 ingredients, and roll dough into balls.  Bake in 350° oven for 6 minutes (no more!).  Place 5-6 mini marshmallows into each cookie, then put back in the over for 2-3 more minutes.

Allow to cool completely, then frost with frosting made from the following ingredients:

1/2 c (1 stick) butter, softened
3 tsp cocoa powder
1-2 tsp vanilla, to your liking
2-3 c powdered sugar
1/4 c milk 

Comments from the cook:  My cookie "dough" was more like thick, sticky batter.  I still went ahead with it, despite my hesitation, and they turned out fine.  I undercooked the first ones a little, and the second sheet of them turned out better.  I also forgot to mention that I've become a DIE-HARD fan of parchment paper, and never bake cookies without it now.  In this case, there's no way the first round of cookies would've ever come off the sheet if it hadn't been for that paper...

I made a half batch of the dough and frosting, and we had plenty of these to eat for a few days.  Now I have all of the ingredients in my cupboard for another half batch next time we need to take a treat to a get-together!

Originally found on Pinterest, linked back to this awesome site.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...