Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pepperoni Pizza Muffins

When I found this recipe online, I KNEW we would need to try it.  I don't know anyone who loves pizza as much as Brian and I do, so it was worth a shot.  I made them one Friday night, and they were excellent.  Crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.  Yum!  These would be perfect for a party or get-together with friends...

3/4 c flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 TBSP Italian seasoning
pinch of salt
pinch of red pepper flakes
3/4 c milk
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 c shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup sliced pepperoni (quartered)
marinara sauce

Preheat oven to 375°.  Grease mini-muffin cup pan.

Whisk together flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes.  Mix in the milk and egg.  Stir in mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and pepperoni.

Let stand 10 minutes.

Stir batter and pour into muffin cups.  Bake 20-25 minutes.

Serve with marinara sauce of your choice.

Comments from the cook:  I made these into full-size muffins (instead of minis) and the recipe made 12 muffins.  I baked them for about 25 minutes, and they were perfect.  


The original version of this recipe (by Rachael Ray, apparently) did not call for salt or red pepper flakes...but the version I used had them, and I thought they tasted great!

Recipe found here.  Ingredients and majority of instructions taken from her site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...